Aluminium casting the Arch logo
For fun and zero profit, I'm attempting to cast the Arch logo in aluminium. Currently still working on getting a plaster mold to poor the aluminium in.
The steps for making the plastic mold:
- Designed the Arch logo in Inkscape with the right dimensions for laser cutting.
- Lasercut a plexiglas Arch logo
- Lasercut additional layers from wood (since the plexiglas source was depleted)
- Glue everything together
- Create or find a box to poor the plaster in
- Apply grease to the logo so it won't stick to the plaster
- Lay the logo in the box and poor the plaster in
So far I haven't made a successful mold yet, but these should be the steps.
The plan is to make an automated weather station which monitors CO2, temperature and humidity. The station will be shaped as a birdhouse, it's roofs covered with solar panels. The station will be powered by 18650's and the solar panels will charge them and the brain will be an esp8266 (wemos D1-mini).
- Wemos D1 Mini
- 18650's (2x)
- 5V solar panels (2x)
- Temperature sensor (DHT11 preferably something better)
- CO2 sensor MHZ19
- Charge chip
- Temperature fluctuations, 18650's can be used from ~ 0 - 45'C. (How to survive the winter)
- Charging 18650's, they shouldn't be depleted faster then they can be charged